Toasted Crunchy Granola Clusters.
You can cook Toasted Crunchy Granola Clusters using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Toasted Crunchy Granola Clusters
- You need of Granola.
- You need 4 cup of corn flakes (see NOTE).
- It’s 5 cup of oats (old fashioned works better than quick-cooking type).
- You need 2 cup of nuts (any you like, or a mix of different kinds).
- You need 1 cup of raisins, dark or golden.
- You need 1 cup of dried fruit (see NOTE).
- It’s 2 cup of flaked sweetened coconut.
- It’s of Coating Mixture.
- You need 1 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- Prepare 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare of Other.
- Prepare 2 large of egg whites.
Toasted Crunchy Granola Clusters instructions
- NOTE: For the corn flakes, you can use either plain or frosted or flavored. I use the ones pictured here..
- NOTE: Use your favorite dried fruits (in addition to the raisins). Dried cranberries, cherries, pineapple, prunes, dates — whatever you like in any combination to equal 1 cup total. Cut up or tear any large pieces so they're about the same size as the raisins for more even distribution in the granola..
- You'll need a very large mixing bowl that holds at least 32 cups. I use the Tupperware Thatsa Bowl®. Put the corn flakes in the bowl and smash them up a bit. I use a plastic cup to smash mine..
- Add remaining granola ingredients and toss well with a mixing spoon to evenly distribute the ingredients..
- Put all the coating mixture ingredients into a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until butter is melted, stirring occasionally to combine. Pour about half this mixture evenly over the granola. With the large mixing spoon, stir and toss for about 2 to 3 minutes to evenly coat the granola. Pour the rest of the the coating mixture over the granola and continue mixing until all seems to be coated..
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy. Pour evenly over the granola. Stir and toss for 2 to 3 minutes to evenly coat the granola with the egg white. The egg whites will give the granola the crunchy clumpiness..
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Divide the granola evenly between the 2 cookie sheets spreading out with the back of the large mixing spoon or a spatula..
- Bake in a preheated 300°F oven for 25 minutes, rotating the trays halfway through for even toasting. Turn off the oven, prop open the oven door, and allow the granola to cool in the oven for 3 hours. (You can do make this just before bedtime and allow to cool in the oven overnight, if desired.).
- With clean hands, gently break the sheets of cooled granola into clusters. Store in ziplock baggies or a covered container..
- Munch away!!.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.