Sherry Chicken Sub.
You can have Sherry Chicken Sub using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sherry Chicken Sub
- Prepare 3 C of shredded chicken.
- Prepare 1 of baguette; cut into fourths.
- Prepare 1 C of sherry.
- It’s 1 C of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 C of country dijon mustard.
- You need 1 T of horseradish per sandwich.
- You need 1 of garlic clove; slivered.
- Prepare 1/2 of avocado; sliced per sandwich.
- Prepare 1/4 of red onion; julienne.
- It’s 1/4 of red bell pepper; julienne.
- It’s 1/4 of yellow bell pepper; julienne.
- You need 1 T of mayo per sandwich.
Sherry Chicken Sub step by step
- Combine shredded chicken with chicken stock in a sauce pot. Simmer until liquid is reduced by 1/2..
- Add sherry, mustard, onions, peppers, and garlic. Simmer until liquid reduces by 1/2 or until chicken is thoroughly heated. Alternatively, after removing chicken and veggies add a cornstarch slurry to thicken liquid to use as a sauce. (1 T cornstarch whisked into 1/4 C cold water).
- Assemble sandwich with mayonnaise on bottom, chicken and veggies, avocado, and horseradish. Toast in oven or panini press..
- Variations; Vinegar, apple juice, lime, lemon, tomato, arugula, lettuce, spinach, tamarind, soy, worchestershire, shallots, habanero, celery, bacon, basil, parsely, cilantro, scallions, jalapeño, gruyere, parmesean, roasted bell peppers, sourdough, swiss, aioli, cayenne, caramelized onions, pickled veggies, crushed pepper flakes, corn, zucchini,.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.