Wagyu Beef Meatball Sub on Semolina Hoagie Roll.
You can cook Wagyu Beef Meatball Sub on Semolina Hoagie Roll using 33 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wagyu Beef Meatball Sub on Semolina Hoagie Roll
- Prepare of Meatballs.
- You need 1 LB of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Ground Beef.
- You need 1 CUP of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- You need 1/2 CUP of Panko Bread Crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 TSP of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 2 TSP of Hot Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 of Sweet Onion (minced).
- Prepare 3 of Garlic Cloves (minced).
- You need 1/2 CUP of Minced Parsley.
- You need of Sauce.
- It’s 20 OZ of Crushed Tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 of Sweet Onion (minced).
- You need 2 TBSP of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 of Large Shallot (minced).
- It’s 3 of Garlic Cloves (minced).
- It’s 1/2 CUP of Red Wine.
- You need 3 TBSP of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 1/2 CUP of Minced Fresh Basil.
- It’s 2 TSP of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1/2 TSP of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Cheese.
- Prepare 8 SLICE of Provolone Cheese.
- You need 4 OZ of Fresh Mozzarella (torn into small pieces).
- Prepare of Sponge.
- Prepare 1 1/4 CUP of Warm Water (80°F).
- It’s 1 1/4 TSP of Instant Yeast.
- It’s 1 3/4 CUP of Bread Flour.
- Prepare of Dough.
- You need 3/4 CUP of Bread Flour.
- It’s 1 CUP of Semolina Flour.
- You need 2 TSP of Kosher Salt.
- You need 2 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Wagyu Beef Meatball Sub on Semolina Hoagie Roll instructions
- PREPARING THE SPONGE First, prepare the sponge. In a medium size bowl, mix the bread flour and instant yeast until combined. Mix in the warm (80°F) water until combined. Cover the sponge with plastic wrap, and let sit at room temperature while you prepare the meatballs..
- PREPARING THE MEATBALLS Mix all Wagyu beef meatball ingredients (ground beef, grated parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, egg, kosher salt, hot sauce, minced sweet onion, minced garlic, and minced parsley) together in a medium size bowl until well incorporated. Divide the beef mixture into 15 equal portions (1 1/2 ounces each), and round each portion into a ball. Place the meatballs on a on parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and refrigerate the meatballs while making the dough/hoagies and sauce..
- PREPARING THE DOUGH In a medium size bowl, mix together the bread flour, semolina flour, kosher salt, extra virgin olive oil, and the sponge (you previously assembled) until a shaggy dough forms. Use your hands or a dough hook, and knead for 7 minutes or until a smooth dough forms. Cover the dough with plastic wrap, and let it rise for 1 hour. Once the dough has risen for 1 hour, place the dough on a lightly floured surface.Divide the dough into 5 equal portions..
- PREPARING THE HOAGIES Sprinkle semolina flour onto a parchment paper-line baking sheet. Flatten one of the portions of dough into a rectangle. Fold in the sides, and roll it into a 5-inch-long log. Pinch the seams. Place the hoagie roll, seam-side-down, onto the baking sheet. Repeat this process with the remaining pieces of dough. Spray the hoagie rolls with olive oil pan spray, so they are coated. Cover the rolls loosely with plastic wrap, and place them in a warm place..
- Proof for 1 hour. Preheat your oven to 400°F, and remove the plastic wrap from the rolls. Use a pastry brush to brush each roll with cold water. Then use a serrated knife to cut 3 diagonal slashes in each roll. Bake the rolls at 400°F for 20-23 minutes until they are golden brown. Let them cool completely. Then, slice each roll almost in half lengthwise without cutting all the way through. This allows the roll to stay in one piece..
- PREPARING THE SAUCE In a small stainless steel sauce pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the minced sweet onion and shallot. Saute until the onion is translucent. Once the onion is translucent, add in the minced garlic. Cook for 2 minutes longer. Add in the red wine, and deglaze the pan. Once the red wine is absorbed, add in the tomato paste. Stir for 2 minutes..
- Then, add in the crushed tomatoes, kosher salt, and black pepper. Cook on medium heat for 25 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Add in the minced fresh basil, and season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bake the meatballs while the sauce is cooking on the stove..
- FINAL STEPS Bake the meatballs at 400°F for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown. Let them cool for 10 minutes. Then, fold the meatballs into the sauce. Preheat your oven to 425°F. Place the cut hoagie rolls in a shallow casserole dish. Place 3 cooked meatballs in each hoagie roll. Make sure to get plenty of sauce with the meatballs..
- Top each hoagie with 1 1/2 slices of provolone cheese and some fresh mozzarella cheese. Bake at 425°F until the cheese is melted and slightly browned. Garnish with fresh basil, serve immediately, and enjoy!.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.