Orange glazed Koeksisters.
You can cook Orange glazed Koeksisters using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Orange glazed Koeksisters
- It’s 3 cups of self raising flour.
- It’s 1 cup of yellow cornmeal(sub with maize meal).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
Orange glazed Koeksisters instructions
- Combine the dry ingredients for the dough,rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs..
- Beat together the eggs and milk,add to the dry ingredients and mix with a fork,adding as much of water as necessary to make a soft dough..
- Turn out the dough on a floured surface and knead very gently for 2-3 minutes until very smooth..
- Return to the bowl, cover and chill for atleast 30 minutes..
- Turn dough on a lightly floured surface,using a small knife cut dough into small balls depending with the size you desire..
- Roll out into strips and plait the strips very loosely to allow for raising while frying and press the ends together well to seal neatly..
- Set aside on a tray until all the plaits are made and cover with damp cloth..
- Heat oil to moderately hot (170°C).Fry the Koeksisters a few at a time until golden on both sides.
- Place on a clean kitchen cloth to absorb excess oil.Repeat until all the Koeksisters are fried..
- To add a bit of of glossiness to the Koeksisters add 2 Tablespoon of sugar with 4 Tablespoon of water in a bowl.Stir and heat up for a minute in the microwave.Rub the glaze on the Koeksisters using a brush..
- Serve with tea or coffee or as part of breakfast..NB; for glossiness l used fresh juice instead of water for more flavor..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.