Philly cheesesteak stuffed bell peppers. How to make Philly Cheesesteak stuffed bell peppers. Philly Cheesesteak recipeHere is a easy recipe that I have been seeing floating all over the internet. These Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are so perfect for you Keto-dieters out there.
I have you covered with these Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers! Fresh green bell peppers stuffed with roast beef, mushrooms, onions and cheese. As a Philadelphia native, I have a lot of opinions about cheesesteaks! You can have Philly cheesesteak stuffed bell peppers using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Philly cheesesteak stuffed bell peppers
- Prepare 1 of steak of choice.
- It’s 8 slice of Provolone cheese.
- It’s 2 large of green bell peppers.
- It’s 1 medium of sweet onion.
- Prepare 6 oz of baby bella mushrooms.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Bonus: These Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are naturally Gluten-Free and Keto! So whether you're watching what you eat, or just love anything that's stuffed into a bell pepper. A Philly cheesesteak is chopped ribeye steak on hoagie-style bread, topped with cheese. Often a cheesesteak is topped with sauteed bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms too.
Philly cheesesteak stuffed bell peppers step by step
- slice peppers in half lengthwise remove ribs and seeds.
- slice onions and mushrooms, sauteed over medium heat with butter, olive oil, minced garlic and a little, saute until onions and mushrooms are caramelized about 25 to 30 minutes, you could add your choice of meat to this before or after depending on how you like your meat.
- preheat oven to 400*.
- line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese.
- fill each pepper with meat mixture and tell they are nearly overflowing.
- top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese bake 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.
How to Make Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers. This easy recipe for Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers is a low carb family favorite. Stuffed peppers with roast beef: Thinly sliced leftover roast beef sautéed with mushrooms and onions was tasty and easy. I liked the texture of the roast beef, but it did get a little tough after cooking in the oven. Mounding a classic Philly cheesesteak mixture in a colorful bell pepper and melting cheese on top is an easy way to skip the bread and cut the carbs.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.