Meatball sub bake. Cut biscuits into small pieces and layer into baking dish. Turn a traditional meatball sub into a quick and easy, one-pan dinner the whole family will love. The meatballs are baked in the oven and then placed into the sandwich rolls, tossed with pasta sauce and cheese and then baked in the oven.
When the meatballs are done, set the split sub rolls out in front of you. Halve the meatballs (or not, if you prefer, but halving stops them. All the flavors of a great meatball sub are combined in this easy bubble up bake! You can cook Meatball sub bake using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meatball sub bake
- Prepare 1 package of store-bought biscuits.
- It’s 1 of large bag frozen meatballs.
- It’s 2 jars of spaghetti sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
These are the best oven baked meatballs! So easy to make, juicy and flavorful. They're perfect for appetizers, meatballs subs or on top of spaghetti. Baking these vegan meatball subs in the oven takes them to the next level of delicious!
Meatball sub bake instructions
- Preheat over to 375 and spray 9×13 baking dish with Pam.
- Cut biscuits into small pieces and layer into baking dish. Par bake the biscuits for about 6 minutes(thanks Laura for the tip).
- Spread 1 jar of spaghetti sauce over biscuits.
- Layer meatballs on top of sauce.
- Spread 2nd jar of spaghetti sauce over the meatballs.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the entire dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until biscuits are fully cooked.
The rolls get a little crispy on the outside, but remain super soft on the inside and the non-dairy cheese gets warm. Add meatballs, sautéed bell pepper and marinara sauce; stir until well coated. Learn to make light and delicious baked turkey meatballs and the best Italian-American-style turkey meatball subs. The Meatball Sub is a mighty fine sandwich. Thanks to the zesty marinara, beefy meatballs, and ooey-gooey mozzarella, it's about as hearty as a sandwich gets (and about as delicious too).
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.