You can cook Fortune Cookies using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fortune Cookies
- It’s 1 medium of Egg white.
- Prepare 40 grams of Sugar.
- You need 25 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 15 grams of Butter.
- You need 1 dash of Cocoa powder.
Fortune Cookies step by step
- Put an egg white into a bowl and roughly beat with a whisk. When it starts to foam, add sugar and mix. You don't have to whip, just mixing is fine..
- Add sifted cake flour and stir..
- Melt butter in a microwave or over hot water, pour into the mixture and stir..
- The batter will be thickened..
- In another small bowl, pour in a small amount of the batter, add cocoa powder and turn it into a cocoa batter (to be used for decoration)..
- In a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spoon out the batter and spread it out to about 6 cm in diameter. You should be able to create 4-6 cookies per batch..
- Using a spoon or a pastry bag, draw patterns with the cocoa batter from Step 5. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes in a 160℃ (325℉) oven..
- Once baked, shape the fortune cookie while it's still hot. Fold it into half, and bend the bottom part using the rim of a bowl, etc. Do this quickly while it's still hot!.
- Done! Slide a written message into the space inside the cookie if you like, and give as gifts ..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.