Tom Kha Soup.
You can cook Tom Kha Soup using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tom Kha Soup
- Prepare 6 cloves of Garlic.
- It’s of Shallots.
- Prepare 5 Tbs of Lime juice or 1 lime.
- Prepare of Chilis.
- You need 3 of chicken breasts or thighs cut into thin slices. Can sub shrimp.
- Prepare 4 cups of quality chicken stock.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Coconut oil or vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3 Tbs of Brown sugar or coconut aminos.
- You need of Salt to season chicken.
- Prepare 4 cups of full fat coconut milk.
- You need 3 Tbs of Red curry paste.
- You need 2 Tbs of Fish sauce.
- You need of Low sodium soy sauce (add last and only if needed).
- Prepare 2-3 Tbs of Garlic red chili sauce or red pepper flakes.
- It’s of Mushrooms 2 8 oz packs.
- It’s of Ginger 4, one inch pieces peeled.
- You need 3 of Lemon grass stalks, pound and cut in half.
- It’s 1 of bushel Cilantro.
- It’s 2 of bushels green onion.
Tom Kha Soup instructions
- Cut chicken into thin pieces about 1 inch in size. Season and set aside..
- In a medium frying pan heat oil and cook shallots, garlic, tomatoes and chilis until shallots are soft and add to the pan below only once the chicken is done browning..
- Over medium heat oil in a larger pot or skillet (keep in my you're going to be adding 8 cups of liquid to this pan). Add chicken and brown on either side for 1 minutes or so. You don't want to over cook the chicken at this time as it's going to continue to cook in the soup. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside..
- Add chicken stock, lemongrass, red curry paste, and ginger to the chicken pot above and let simmer for 40 minutes..
- Then add the chicken back in and sliced mushrooms, garlic chili sauce, and coconutmilk to the pot. You can also add in other veggies at this time if you want to add more. Cook for about 5 minutes..
- Add the lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar and soy sauce if you choose to use soy sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed..
- Ladle into bowls and top with chopped green onions and cilantro..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.