Homemade French Fries.
You can have Homemade French Fries using 3 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade French Fries
- It’s 10 of large russet potatoes, peeled and rinsed.
- You need 2 quarts of vegetable oil, can sub canola oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
Homemade French Fries instructions
- Slice the potatoes into ½ inch thick sticks. Using a French fry cutter makes this much easier..
- Soak the potato slices in cold water for a minimum of one hour, and up to overnight. The longer, the better as this process removes the starch which makes for extra crispy fries..
- Rinse the fries twice with cold water..
- Lay the fries on paper towels or a clean dishcloth and pat them as dry as possible..
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or dutch oven to 300 degrees F. You’ll need to fry in about six batches, begin with a quart of oil and add more as needed. Frying too many at once makes them less crispy..
- Use a slotted spoon to add the potatoes to the oil and fry for about 5-6 minutes. The oil should bubble lightly, we’re only heating the potatoes, we don’t want them to crisp yet..
- Place the cooked potatoes on a paper towel lined plate and fry the rest of the remaining batches..
- Increase the heat to 400 degrees F and fry each batch a second time until they are crisp and golden-brown, about 5 minutes or so..
- Remove them and place them on dry paper towels. Sprinkle with salt as soon as they come out..
- Serve with ketchup or fry sauce and enjoy!.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.