Hot and Crunchy Kalmi Vada.
You can cook Hot and Crunchy Kalmi Vada using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hot and Crunchy Kalmi Vada
- It’s 1 Cup of (2oo gms) Split Bengal Gram (Chana Dal).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Split and Husked Black Gram(White Urad Dal).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Split and Husked Green Gram (Yellow Moong Dal).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Split and Husked Red Gram (Arhar Dal).
- Prepare Pinch of Asafoetida.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander Powder (Dhaniya powder).
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Fennel Seeds Coarsely Grounded (saunf).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder (Haldi).
- Prepare to taste of Finely Chopped Green Chilli.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Finely Chopped Ginger (or as per taste).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Finely Chopped Green Coriander (Hara Dhaniya).
Hot and Crunchy Kalmi Vada instructions
- Clean lentils and soak for around 2 to 3 hours..
- Drain all excess water. Reserve 1 to 2 Tbsp lentils and grind rest of it coarsely.Do not add any water while grinding.While grinding add very little asafoetida in it.
- Once the lentils are grounded, add reserved lentils in it. To this add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, coarsely ground fennel seeds, chopped green chilli, ginger and green coriander. Mix everything. Do not beat the batter..
- Heat oil in a frying pan. When very hot, fry round cakes of the lentils batter. To make round cakes, using your working hand (normally right) put a little batter on your non-working hand (normally left hand). Shape it round and slowly and carefully drop it in hot oil. Similarly, make as many roundels as your frying pan can hold. There is a small video in the end showing how to make these roundels. Increase the flame. Do not touch these for the first 30-40 seconds otherwise, they may break..
- Flip it carefully. Reduce the flame to medium. Cook from both the sides till golden brown. Like this make all the roundels. This much batter will make 7 to 8 roundels..
- Let these roundels cool down. Once cool, wrap in aluminium foil and keep in the refrigerator.You can keep these in the refrigerator for up to a month..
- At the time of serving cut thick strips from the roundels and once again fry them till golden brown. You can fry them in air fryer also. For this, pre heat air fryer for 15 minutes at the highest temperature. Put strips and fry for 15 to 20 minutes..
- Serve with love, coriander chutney optional..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.