Crunchy whole grain crackers. Whole-grain crackers are few and far between at conventional stores. I like to eat these Crunchy Wholegrain Oat Crackers with tuna or salmon spreads on indulgent days! Do you know that oats are one of the best grains to keep the heart and arteries healthy and are lower on the glycaemic index than many cereals?
Similarly to chips, many brands like to stuff their products with all sorts of unnecessary ingredients from sugar. Crunchy whole grain goldfish crackers are fun to pop in your mouth and made from simple whole food ingredients! Make these with your kids for a fun Making these crackers with your kids meet all of these goals! You can have Crunchy whole grain crackers using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crunchy whole grain crackers
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unbleached white flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of organic spelt flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of whole grain mix(equal quinoa, flaxseed, chia, cornmeal).
- You need 1 Tsp of sesame seeds.
- You need 1 Tsp of sourdough starter.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of pepper.
Crunchy Crackers – A crispy, crunchy, whole grain seeded cracker great for dips or spreads, as a snack or with a nice hunk of cheese! You know how we want to eat healthy but sometimes miss that crispy crunch from a chip or cracker? They have zero allergens (unless you are allergic to olives, then substitute oil accordingly). DIY Whole Grain Crackers: The Art of Combining Flours.
Crunchy whole grain crackers instructions
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Add water and sourdough starter. Combine all ingredients well using a fork..
- Ideally, allow the batter to soak in a warm place for about 4~12 hours..
- Pour the batter on a nonstick Cookie sheet. Tint the sheet so that the batter could be evenly distribute on the sheet..
- Bake at 280F for 10 minutes. Score the leather-dry crackers into squares using a silicone spatula. Bake it again at the same temperature for another 20 minutes. Turn off the oven and keep the sheet in the oven to allow the remaining heat to pull out the moisture completely from the cracks..
- Store the cracks in a ziploc bag or a container..
These crunchy, nutty crackers are as good with a little peanut butter as they would be with a slice of cheddar or Brie. Three kinds of seeds are ground right into the dough, along with whole-wheat flour and almond meal. Enjoy these nutty, crunchy Homemade Whole Grain Sesame Crackers with all your favorite dips, spreads and cheeses! I'm obsessed with these Homemade Whole Grain Sesame Crackers. The sesame seeds add such a nutty flavor and I love that they're made solely with whole grains!
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.