Mustard whole grain.
You can have Mustard whole grain using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mustard whole grain
- It’s 3/4 cup of cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cold water..or sub a lager beer.
- You need 1/3 cup of yellow mustard seed.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown mustard seed.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoons of lt brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt.
Mustard whole grain step by step
- Combine the vinegar, water, yellow mustard seeds, and brown mustard seeds in medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. (The resting time softens the seeds and ensures a creamy consistency.).
- Take your vinegar and mustard seeds mixture and measure out 1/2 cup (118 ml) and set it aside. Combine the remaining vinegar and mustard seed mixture, sugar, and salt in a small food processor or use an immersion blender and process until coarsely ground and thickened, 1 to 2 minutes, scraping down the bowl as needed. Stir in the reserved vinegar and mustard seed mixture..
- Using a funnel and spoon, portion mustard into two 1 cup (237 ml) jars. Cover and let the mustard stand at room temperature for 1 to 2 days to allow the ingredients to meld and develop a well-rounded spiciness. The longer it rests, the spicier it gets. Taste it often and once the desired spiciness has been reached, refrigerate and serve. (The mustard can be refrigerated for up to 6 months; once refrigerated, the flavor will continue to mature but will not become more spicy.).
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.