Sweet Panang Curry.
You can cook Sweet Panang Curry using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Panang Curry
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 lb of chicken breast, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 lb of extra-firm tofu, pressed, thinly sliced (sub for chicken).
- You need 1 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 tsp of fresh ginger.
- It’s 2 cans of coconut milk (1 light, 1 full fat).
- You need 2 tbsp of panang red curry paste.
- You need 2 tsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of peanut butter, creamy.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of basil.
Sweet Panang Curry instructions
- Slice peppers and onions into thin strips. Mince garlic and ginger..
- Slice chicken and/or tofu into thin strips..
- Begin cooking rice..
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven. Saute chicken and/or tofu until no longer pink..
- Add curry paste and peanut butter and stir to coat and flavor the proteins..
- Add garlic and ginger and saute 1 more minute..
- Shake cans of coconut milk vigorously to incorporate the fats..
- Add peppers and onions to the pot and saute briefly to maintain some crunch!.
- Stir in 1.5 cans of the coconut milk. Whisk cornstarch into the remaining half can with a fork, then add to pot..
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked and the sauce begins to thicken..
- Stir in sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, and basil. Simmer a few more minutes..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.