Boston Baked Beans Batch 2.
You can cook Boston Baked Beans Batch 2 using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Boston Baked Beans Batch 2
- Prepare of Presoak.
- It’s 1 pound of navy beans dried.
- It’s 6 cup of water.
- Prepare of Starter.
- Prepare 1 leaf of bay leaf.
- You need 1/3 cup of molasses.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of dry mustard powder.
- You need of Cooking.
- Prepare 1/4 pound of salt pork.
- You need As needed of water.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion.
Boston Baked Beans Batch 2 instructions
- Night before look over the beans and wash them. Remove any foriegn objects, add 6 cups of water to the beans. Let them soak overnight. Drain them the next day..
- Preheat oven 350° Fahrenheit. Add the cup of water and the rest of the starter ingredients. Add the salt pork..
- Add in the soaked beans. Stir well. Add water to cover. This will vary by the size of vessel you are cooking in..
- Bring to a boil. Chop the onion and add.stir in and wait till it starts to boil. When it boils good add to the oven..
- Keep an eye on the water levels as it's in the oven baking. Add water as needed. Bake 4-5 hours. Last hour remove cover to allow crust to form on top. Let rest 15 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.