Philly Cheesesteak Baby!.
You can cook Philly Cheesesteak Baby! using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Philly Cheesesteak Baby!
- You need 1 1/2-2 pounds of shaved steak (ribeye, your fav meat, etc.).
- Prepare 1 of Onion – sliced.
- You need 2 of Green peppers – sliced.
- You need 6-8 slices of Baby Swiss and American Cheese Singles (Trust me on this).
- It’s of Hoagie or sub rolls/buns.
- You need 1-2 tbl of olive oil.
- Prepare of Montreal Steak seasoning (optional).
- It’s of Salt & pepper to taste.
Philly Cheesesteak Baby! instructions
- Shave your steak (whatever steak you choose). If you can’t, no problem. Just cut it into small thin slices. You can also buy it shaved at your grocery meat counter or have your butcher do it for you. *Tip: Freeze your steak before slicing (30 minutes to an hour). It makes it so much easier to slice..
- In large skillet on med-high to high heat add 2 tbl of oil. Add half of your meat and cook on one side for about 4 minutes. The total time depends on how hot your pan is. I usually dodge all the oil that splatters out of the skillet at this point. It’s a fun game I like to play..
- Flip meat and cook for additional minute or so until no longer pink. Stirring constantly. Set aside..
- Add the other half of the meat and repeat Steps 2 and 3. Set aside..
- Add onions and peppers and cook until onions are translucent and peppers are tender. Set aside. *Tip: if you are counting, this is the third time I’ve told you to “set aside” an ingredient. Isn’t this fun! *Tip: If you don’t like onions and peppers omit them and skip this step..
- Cut buns length wise (but not all the way, leave part of that bun attached) and place in 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes until nice and toasty. *Tip: You can buy them pre-sliced as well..
- Add all the meat back in the skillet. Season with steak seasoning and salt & pepper as desired. Alternate slices of American and baby Swiss on top of meat (6-8 slices total). Once melted stir into mixture. (You can add the onions and peppers or add them later)..
- Grab buns, top with meat. This step is the “later” part. Add the onions and peppers if you haven’t already. Enjoy!.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.