Crunchy Medu wada.
You can have Crunchy Medu wada using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crunchy Medu wada
- Prepare 1 cup of split black gram.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 2-3 of green chilles.
- You need 1 inch of piece of ginger.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- You need As required of Oil for deep frying.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of fine semolina (optional).
Crunchy Medu wada instructions
- Wash and soak black gram for 1 hour..
- Drain the water and grind it to a semi fine paste. Try not to use much water while this process..
- Add crushed, ginger and chillies. Also add salt and cumin seeds. Mix well with your hands..
- If you find your batter to be a little loose, then you can add a few tablespoons of fine semolina and let the batter sit for some time and then start frying..
- Heat oil for frying and test if it's ready by adding small pinch of the batter. It should start coming up immediately. Medium hot oil is perfect for frying wadas, so they are also cooked from the inside..
- Wet your palms slightly in clean water, take some batter in your hand, make a small whole in the centre and slide it gently in the oil..
- Repeat the same method and prepare all the wadas. You can also prepare them in any shape you like. Just keep wetting your palms, so the batter just slides easily into the oil..
- Wadas taste best with chutney and Sambhar. Today I am serving this dish with coriander and coconut chutney..
- I have prepared this today for my special guests..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.