Chicago cheesecake. Find your new favorite cheesecake at Sweet Mandy B's in Chicago. You know what a New York style cheesecake is, but what about Chicago-style? We promise it's not covered in tomato sauce.
These cheesecakes are often made in a. The white chocolate and macadamia nut cheesecake is fab! Over all one of the absolute best restaurants in Chicago! You can have Chicago cheesecake using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicago cheesecake
- It’s 250 g of cream cheese (Philadelphia).
- Prepare 30 g of salted butter includes the portion for pan brush.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 125 ml of Sour cream.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of lemon juice.
Cheesecake is a sweet dessert consisting of one or more layers. The main, and thickest, layer consists of a mixture of a soft, fresh cheese (typically cottage cheese, cream cheese or ricotta), eggs, and sugar. Cheesecakes are one of my weaknesses, I can eat it everyday if I can. My husband introduce me to cheesecakes years ago and since then I was hooked on this dessert.
Chicago cheesecake step by step
- Cream cheese; butter; sour cream all prepared in room temperature..
- Use aluminium foil double wrap the cake pan(6” inch round with base removable); from bottom to all side. Generously use butter to brush over the cake pan. Remains butter for mixing later.
- Preheat oven with tray of water to 150 C. Water level about 1cm..
- Electric mixer(low volume = 1) mix the cream cheese and butter together until smooth and creamy, add sugars (increase one level volume = 2) continue mix to very smooth and creamy texture. Change back low volume for the egg mix. Tips: beside electric mixer, use spatula get all the mixture mix well..
- Add sour cream, gently mix well. (I’ve DIY my sour cream by electric mix 100ml whipping cream for approx 1min, add 1/4tsp lemon juice n pinch of salt)to mix n whip well, keep refrigerated for 10mins to set the flavour then bring out to room temperature before use).
- Add vanilla extract, lemon juice, and cornstarch(sieved). Just add all together to mix well..
- Before pouring into cake pan, use spatula gently fold mix. After pouring into cake pan, lightly drop the cake pan for few times on ur kitchen top to expel the bubbles and air..
- Carefully place cake pan into the hot water tray n bake for 50mins. Or until u see the cake turn golden colour..
- This cake must wait it cool down, keep refrigerates for few hours, serve while it’s still cooling. Must be patience!!.
I blame him for my weight gain! If you love cheesecake, you already know I'm talking about Eli's Cheesecake, the creamy, luscious, decadent cake that has put Chicago on the dessert map. You may have ordered it at a restaurant. See our guide to the best desserts in Chicago! There are desserts and sweets to satisfy anyone with options ranging from savory pastries to chocolate bars and cookies.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.