Binging with Babish Apple Pie.
You can cook Binging with Babish Apple Pie using 14 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Binging with Babish Apple Pie
- It’s of Pie Crust.
- Prepare 355 grams of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of white sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2.5 sticks of unsalted butter.
- You need 6 ounces of ice water.
- Prepare of Apple Filling.
- It’s 1.3 kilograms of Fiji apples.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of allspice.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ginger.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of flour.
Binging with Babish Apple Pie step by step
- Cube 2.5 sticks of unsalted butter and put in fridge..
- Place 355 grams of all purpose flour into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt. Pulse to combine..
- Add cubed butter to the mix, and pulse until mixture resembles wet sand..
- Sprinkle in 6 ounces of ice water (not all at once) and gently fold in the mix with a rubber spatula until a shaggy dough forms..
- Form dough into a disc and liberally dust with flour. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours minimum..
- Wait 1 hour and start peeling and chopping the apples..
- Place 1150 grams of sliced apples into a bowl. Add 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and ginger. Mix thoroughly..
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour to apple filling and mix thoroughly. Set aside in fridge..
- Preheat oven to 500F..
- Take dough out of fridge, dust with flour, and pound it with a rolling pin. Split dough into 2 pieces (1 for bottom crust and 1 for lattice top)..
- Dust work surface with flour and begin rolling out the dough, occasionally flipping it and dusting with flour. Roll to about 4 inches wider than the pie plate..
- Use rolling pin to lift dough and place it over the pie plate. Press down on corners to fill up the bottom of the plate..
- Roll out dough for lattice strips. Cut up 10 1-inch strips..
- Fill the bottom pie crust with apple filling and gently press down. Begin alternately laying the lattice strips overtop in a woven pattern..
- Trim off excess dough on the sides of the pie plate and tuck it underneath the edge. Crimp the pie edges..
- Brush down the pie with a beaten egg and sprinkle white sugar overtop..
- Place in oven, and turn the oven down to 400F. Bake for 30-45 minutes until golden brown. Take it out of the oven and let it rest for at least 4 hours..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.