You can cook Mushroomy-Cheesy Pie using 29 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mushroomy-Cheesy Pie
- You need 2 packages of puff pastry.
- It’s 150 g of cold cut meat of your choice.
- It’s 200 g of easy melting cheese.
- Prepare 200 g of champion mushrooms.
- It’s 200 g of curd.
- It’s 150 g of green pesto.
- Prepare 3 of tbp bolognese tomato sauce.
- You need 50 g of butter for buttering the ovenproof dish.
- You need 1 of egg yolk for top of pie.
- It’s of For the caramelized onions.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- You need 3 of big onions.
- It’s 4 tbsp of mustard with added horseradish.
- It’s 1 tbsp of masala spice mix.
- It’s of For tomato salad.
- You need 6 pieces of red raddish.
- You need 2 of big tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of big onion.
- Prepare of Juice of one lemon.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of For cucumber salad.
- It’s 1 of big cucumber.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of Juice of half lemon.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
Mushroomy-Cheesy Pie step by step
- I buttered the ovenproof dish: bottom and walls too.
- Then I carefully put the puff pastry into the dish, best idea is to put two layers to "strenghten" the "walls"..
- Next I made the caramelized onions: on little oil I fried the onions, adding salt and sugar, scraping often. I did this on a low flame so they dont burn. When onions are caramelized I took them out of the pan but left the oil in it for the mushrooms..
- I peeled the champion mushroom and cut them into slices. I put them on the oil left behind by the onion, added some more oil, added the masala spice mix and added the mustard which has horse radish in it. I stirred them often, and I let them get a nice brown colour. Then I added back the caramelized onions and kept stirring for a short time on high flame..
- I put the cold cut meat as first layer on the puff pastry.
- Then added grated cheese and anothe layer of meet, and a layer of bolognese tomato sauce mixed with some green pesto.
- Then came the mushrooms with onion and more cheese.
- Next I mixed the curd with the rest of the pesto, put it as next layer, then covered it with another layer of cold cut meat. I put some mustard- horse radish mix on top of the meat..
- Next I made the decoration top out of puff pastry, gave it an egg yolh wash and put it in the oven on 250 degrees celcius, till the top puff pastry got golden..
- I made a salad by cutting the radish, tomato and onion into same sized cubes and gave it a dressing by mixing lemon juice with salt and sugar.
- For the cucumber salad I mixed the shredded cucumber with the smashed garlic cloves and gave it a dressing made of lemon juice with salt and sugar.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.