You can cook Cioppino using 18 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cioppino
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 4 clove of Garlic (Finely Chopped).
- Prepare 2 slice of Shallots (Thinly Sliced).
- You need 1 1/2 lb of Red Snapper (Cut iinto 2" square).
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of Striped Bass (Cut into 2" square).
- It’s 16 large of Shrimp.
- It’s 1 of Salt and freshly ground pepper.
- It’s 2 cup of Dry dry white wine.
- It’s 6 cup of Shrimp stock (Page XIV) or bottled clam juice.
- It’s 2 cup of Canned clam plum tomatoes, pureed.
- Prepare 1 each of Bay leaf.
- You need 1 tbsp of Honey.
- It’s 1 of Hot sauce to taste.
- Prepare 3 each of (Sprigs) Fresh thyme.
- Prepare 32 each of Littleneck clamps.
- It’s 2 each of Cooked lobsters, claws and tails only, tails cut in half (Optional).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Cold unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Coarsely chopped fresh parsely.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pot with a lid over high heat. Add the shallots, garlic, and cook, stirring, until soft. Season the red snapper, stripped bass, and shrimp with salt and pepper, add to the pot, and cook, stirring, until lightly browned on each side. Add the wine and cook until reduced by three-quarters. Add the stock, tomatoes, honey, a few dashes of hot sauce, bay leaf, and thyme, and bring to a simmer. Add the clams and lobster, cover the pot, and continue cooking until the clams have opened, discarding any that have not opened..
- Remove the seafood with a skirted spoon and transfer to a large bowl. Bring the cooking liquid to a boil and cook until reduced by half. Whisk in the butter and parsely, and season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taster. Pour the broth over the seafood and serve..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.