Oysters Po Boy.
You can have Oysters Po Boy using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oysters Po Boy
- You need of Oysters.
- Prepare 24 oz of oysters (canned or shucked).
- You need 1 of milk.
- It’s of Wet Dredge.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 1 tbsp of milk.
- You need of dry dredge.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cornmeal.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1 of oil (for deep-frying).
- You need 6 medium of sub buns.
- Prepare 1 of lettuce.
- You need of tomatoes.
- Prepare of remoulade sauce.
Oysters Po Boy instructions
- Drain oysters and cover with milk in a bowl for 30 minutes..
- Mix the ingredients for the wet dredge in a medium sized bowl..
- In a resealable bag add all ingredients for the dry dredge. Seal bag and shake well to mix.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 360° F. Drain oysters from milk bath and add several at a time to the wet dredge mixing well to coat. Next transfer to the bag with the dry dredge, seal and shake to coat. Deep fry for 3 minutes and are golden brown. Transfer to paper towel to remove excess oil. Repeat step till all oysters have been deep fried..
- To assemble. Cut buns length wise. Add a remoulade sauce to both side of bun. Place a generous amount of fried oysters on bottom half of bun. Add lettuce and tomatoes. Serve immediately while oysters are still hot. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/348043-remoulade-sauce.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.