You can cook Apple Pie using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Pie
- You need 6-7 cups of thinly sliced and peeled apples.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cinammon.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- It’s of Pie Crust.
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2/3 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 5-6 tablespoons of ice water.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh milk.
- You need 1 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
Apple Pie instructions
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, water, cinnamon and nutmeg; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes..
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide in half, making one half slightly larger..
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to plate; trim even with edge of plate. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust..
- Trim, seal and flute edges. Brush with milk; sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil..
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.