Mash Potato Cakes.
You can cook Mash Potato Cakes using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mash Potato Cakes
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of medium green onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh basil, chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- You need of Vegan? Sub butter and eggs for flour and oil!.
Mash Potato Cakes instructions
- Over medium heat cook the garlic and green onion until translucent.
- Add to the potato and add melted butter.
- Scoop up about 1/4 of the potato mixture and form it into a ball. Place it into a hot pan, flattening it out until it about 1/2 – 1/3" thick..
- Fry for about 3 min on each side until they are lightly golden brown..
- For best result, serve immidiatly, while hot and crispy..
- Top with green onions, sour cream or ketchup..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.