You can have Cioppino using 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cioppino
- You need 2 of onions, diced.
- It’s 6 clove of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 2 cup of dry red wine.
- Prepare 2 cup of clam juice.
- It’s 1 can of (28 oz) diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of (8 oz) tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 3 of whole-cooked Dungeness crabs or 6 lbs lobster, steamed.
- You need 1 lb of manila or little neck clams, scrubbed.
- You need 1 lb of Unpeeled, large fresh shrimp.
- Prepare 3 lb of Pacific rockfish fillets or firm white fish, cut into 1 1/2" pieces.
- You need 2 loaf of sourdough bread.
- It’s 1 of Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Cioppino step by step
- Saute first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a large stock pot until tender; stir in next 13 ingredients (wine – lemon juice). Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour. Let cool; cover and shill at least 12 hours..
- Open and free crabmeat, crack legs with mallet..
- Warm chilled tomato mixture ina large saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated..
- Place crab, clams shrimp, and fish in a large stock pot. Pour the warm tomato broth over seafood; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer 10 to 12 minutes. Discard any clams that did not open during cooking. Serve with sourdough bread; garnish, if desired..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.