Taco Enchilada Lasagna.
You can have Taco Enchilada Lasagna using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Taco Enchilada Lasagna
- It’s 3 lbs of ground beef.
- It’s 1 pack of authentic corn tortillas (can sub flour but corn works better).
- It’s 2 packs of taco seasoning.
- Prepare 2-3 of green onion.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion (diced).
- Prepare 2 of bottle/can enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1 of LARGE bag Mexican shredded cheese.
- It’s 2 tsp of diced garlic.
- Prepare 2 of tbls cumin powder.
- You need 1 of container pico de gallo.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Fresh cilantro (chopped).
Taco Enchilada Lasagna step by step
- Brown the beef. Drain fat. Add about 2/3 cup water, onions and garlic and the packets of taco seasoning. Cook until all ingredients are cooked together and hot on medium heat giving the onions and garlic time to soften a bit. About 8-10 more mins. Set to the side to allow it to cool..
- I used an 11×7 glass baking pan. 13×9 can also be used. Grease the dish. Put down a layer of shells. I try to cover as much of the area as possible without overlap which means you'll have to pull a couple tortillas in half, even quarters. See pic..
- Now we're going to layer, like lasagna. I do a layer of enchilada sauce first. Thinly covering the shells. Next spoon the cooled taco meat on top of the sauce. Next cover the meat with a healthy layer of cheese. I LOVE cheese so I do a REALLY healthy layer. Now this is where the secret method comes in.. On the cheese layer gently sprinkle some of your cumin powder directly onto it. Then sprinkle some of your chopped fresh cilantro in the same way..
- Repeat step 3 till you reach almost the top of the baking pan. You should be looking at the cheese/cumin/cilantro layer. The top layer will pretty much be the same– Do another layer of tortillas. Sauce Cheese (Only cheese for top layer, no cumin or cilantro) Top the finished pan with your chopped green onion..
- Cover pan loosely with tin foil. Loosely because you don't want the cheese sticking to the foil. Put in middle rack of oven at 375 for 20-30 mins If it's not as melted as you'd like, uncover and continue to bake until desired doneness. The objective of the oven is not to cook, just to melt everything together and make it hot..
- Cut into square pieces, use a spatula to dish out a piece onto a plate or shallow bowl, top with the pico de gallo (diced tomato, onion, jalapeño and cilantro) and sour cream and enjoy!!.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.