Crispy Crunchy Cheese and Spinach Chijimi.
You can have Crispy Crunchy Cheese and Spinach Chijimi using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crispy Crunchy Cheese and Spinach Chijimi
- You need 1 bunch of Spinach.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Dashi Soup Stock or Water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 2 of mini packages Bonito flakes.
- You need 1 of Cheese (sliced, melting, pizza cheese; anything is okay).
- You need of Secret Spicy Sauce (This also goes well with ketchup in place of this sauce).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Gochujang.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ground sesame seeds.
Crispy Crunchy Cheese and Spinach Chijimi instructions
- Blanch the spinach with some salt added to the water, remove to a water bath to remove the harshness, tightly squeeze out the water, and cut into 1 cm long pieces..
- Break an egg into a bowl and beat. Add dashi broth (or water+ a pinch of dashi stock granules), sugar, and flour, and mix well..
- Add spinach and stir thoroughly. Stir until small bubbles form, all of the lumps disappear, and the batter becomes fluffy. Add bonito flakes and give a quick stir..
- Heat a frying pan coated with lots of vegetable oil, turn off the heat momentarily, pour in only half of the batter, spread out as thinly as possible, and top with cheese..
- Cover with a lid, and cook on one side over medium-low heat while keeping an eye on the color. Flip it over, and cook over low heat without the lid, until the cheese becomes crispy..
- Secret Spicy Sauce: Add vinegar, sugar, and gochujang to a microwave safe container, microwave on high for about 15 seconds, and stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil, and ground sesame..
- For those of you with kids who can't handle spice, add 1.5 tablespoons sugar in place of the gochujang and make as written in Step 6..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.