Quick Homemade Puff Pastry.
You can have Quick Homemade Puff Pastry using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick Homemade Puff Pastry
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
- It’s 10 tablespoons of unsalted butter, cold.
- It’s 1/3 cup of ice cold water.
Quick Homemade Puff Pastry instructions
- In a medium bowl, add the flour and salt. Stir to mix..
- Cube the butter and then add it to the flour bowl. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the butter into the dough. It will be very crumbly, and you're done when the butter is in uniform pieces all about the size of peas..
- Make a hole in the center of the dough and pour in all of the water. Using a fork, stir to combine the dough..
- Sprinkle the working surface with flour, and add the dough. Pat it into a rough square. You will still see chunks of butter and it will seem too dry, but do not add extra water. The dough will come together with each roll..
- Flour the rolling pin, and roll the dough out in front of you into a rectangle about 10" long. No need to be too precise here..
- Fold the bottom third of the dough over the middle of the dough. Fold the upper third of the dough on top of the middle too. Rotate the dough one-quarter turn, and repeat. Use additional flour as needed to prevent the dough from sticking..
- Roll out, fold, and turn the dough at least 6 or 7 times..
- When done, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour, or overnight. Dough may be frozen, too..
- Roll out with flour for desired puff pastry use..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.