Mike's EZ Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo.
You can cook Mike's EZ Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo
- You need of ● For The Meats & Seafood.
- You need 2 Pounds of Chicken Breasts [1" cubed].
- It’s 1 Pound of Anduile Sausage [1/2" cut at angle].
- Prepare 1 Pound of Jumbo Shrimp [pre-steamed- tails off].
- Prepare of ● For The Gumbo Gravy.
- You need 1 (5 oz) of Packet Louisiana Gumbo Base Powder [no subs].
- Prepare 8 Cups of Chicken Broth [important: low sodium].
- It’s 6 Dashes of Louisiana Hot Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of File Powder.
- You need 4 Drops of Liquid Smoke [not extract].
- It’s of ● For The Vegetables & Seasonings.
- It’s 1 of LG Green Bell Pepper [chopped].
- Prepare 2 Stalks of Celery [chopped].
- Prepare 1 of LG Tomato [chopped].
- It’s 1 of LG Onion [chopped].
- You need 1 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of ● For The Sides.
- It’s as needed of White Rice.
- You need as needed of Jalapeno Corn Bread.
Mike's EZ Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo instructions
- Rinse chicken – remove any fat and cube meat in to 1" pieces. Add to a pot and add enough water to cover. Boil chicken for 20 minutes..
- In the meantime, chop all vegetables and place in pot. Add all fluids to pot and begin vegetable boil..
- Louisiana is a fantastic brand. However, it can be a bit salty. That's why low sodium broth in this dish is so very important..
- Pull 4 cups broth from your boiling vegetable pot. Add your Gumbo Base packet to it and whisk well and fast. Add back to pot. Whisk well again. Drain chicken and add to vegetable pot. Simmer together for 45 minutes..
- Slice your pre-cooked sausage and add to your pot 1/2 way thru your chicken simmer..
- At it's finish, add your pre-steamed shrimp just long enough to heat them..
- Serve with steamed white rice, jalapeno corn bread and Louisiana Hot Sauce..
- Enjoy your crazy easy taste of NOLA!.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.