Asiago sausage hoagie.
You can cook Asiago sausage hoagie using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asiago sausage hoagie
- You need 4 of -Polish fresh sausage or Johnsonville brats; (sweet italian).
- It’s 4 of -hoagie\sub rolls; (toasted).
- It’s 4 slices of asiago cheese.
- You need 3 of onions; (cut in half & sliced).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of real butter.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of black pepper.
- Prepare pinch of salt (opt.).
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of dry dill.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder.
- It’s of sprinkled; grated parmesan cheese.
- You need of sprinkle with creamy Italian dressing.
Asiago sausage hoagie step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil brats for 7 minutes; remove and set aside to cool alittle..
- Under the broiler, toast rolls for 1to2 minutes…remove and cool…
- Take and split brats in half and lay them skin side down on a sheet pan….
- Sprinkle brats with black pepper, garlic, dill, and parmesan cheese..
- Bake @ 400 degrees for 15 minutes…
- In a medium pan; saute onions in 1/4 cup of butter, pinch of salt & pepper, and 1 tsp. brown sugar…saute about 3 to 4 minutes..
- Remove brats from oven; set aside to cool alittle….
- Take toasted hoagie roll; split it open and layer it first with a brat, then a slice of asiago cheese split to fit over brats; then put under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes; remove and add onions and fold top half of roll over to make a great sandwich….
- I add creamy Italian dressing on top of roll for flavor….hope you enjoy!.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.