Dump & Simmer Thai Style Coconut Chicken & Veg Curry.
You can have Dump & Simmer Thai Style Coconut Chicken & Veg Curry using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dump & Simmer Thai Style Coconut Chicken & Veg Curry
- You need 2.5 pounds of bone-in chicken pieces (or you can use 2 pounds boneless chicken thigh and/or breast pieces cut into big chunks).
- It’s 1/2 of a yellow onion cut into 1/2" slices.
- It’s 4 slices of (about 1/8" thick) of fresh ginger root OR 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger powder.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, smashed OR 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of tomato, quartered.
- It’s 5 of Kaffir lime leaves OR the zest of half a lime or lemon.
- Prepare 15 of basil leaves (Thai is preferable, but if you have some other kind, that's ok, too).
- It’s of juice of half a lime.
- You need 1 (15 oz.) of (or so) can of coconut milk.
- You need of Thai chilies to taste (you can sub crushed red chili flakes – start with 1/2 tsp. for moderate heat and adjust as you like).
- It’s 2 teaspoons of curry powder.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of sugar.
- You need 2-3 cups of chopped veg to add later.
Dump & Simmer Thai Style Coconut Chicken & Veg Curry instructions
- Dump all ingredients except for veg into a large pot or Dutch oven, and give it a few gentle stirs to incorporate..
- With the pot covered, bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes. This should take 10 to 12 minutes or so..
- Turn the heat down to low, and simmer the curry for 30 minutes, still covered..
- Stir in your veg, turn the heat back up to medium, and continue to cook for another 20 minutes or so, 10 minutes with the lid askew, and another 10 minutes completely uncovered. After the first 10 minutes is a good time to adjust the seasoning for salt and heat..
- That's it! Enjoy. :).
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.