Roasted Tangerine Pork.
You can have Roasted Tangerine Pork using 10 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Tangerine Pork
- Prepare 8 pounds of Boston Butt Pork Roast with bone in.
- Prepare 8 of medium Tangerines.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 cup of Manischewitz Cherry wine or something equivalent.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Demerara sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of honey.
- You need 1 tablespoon of water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of arrowroot powder.
Roasted Tangerine Pork instructions
- Preheat oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Salt, and add garlic the roast.
- Wash the tangerines. Take one tangerine and zest the peeling.
- Peel the tangerine, hold each section to the light to see the dark spots which will be seeds. Remove any seeds and place sections on the top of roast, if any fall beside the roast its ok..
- Add zest to the roast.
- The other 7 tangerines squeeze the juice and filter the seeds out..
- Add 1 cup water and the tangerine juices to roast, pour an the sides. If you don't have a cup of juice reduce the amount of water to equal the amount of juice..
- Add the tangerine halves in the roaster with roast..
- Add honey on top of roast..
- Put the roast in oven, covered. Roast for 2-1/2 hours..
- After 2-1/2 hours add wine. Cover and return to oven for an hour..
- Put roaster on stove top. Remove the roast and bring broth to boil..
- Remove the tangerine peeling halves, and mix the tablespoon of water and arrowroot powder..
- Add arrowroot solution. Stir and let thicken a bit. Take out a cup of broth of roast that is thickened..
- Set the roast back in roaster pour cup of thicken broth on top of roast..
- Add Demerara sugar on top of roast, put back into oven uncovered..
- Roast 20 minutes. Let sit for 15 minutes slice and serve.
- I hope you enjoy!.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.