Easy Kimchi Jjigae (김치 찌개 – Kimchi Stew) for Two.
You can cook Easy Kimchi Jjigae (김치 찌개 – Kimchi Stew) for Two using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Kimchi Jjigae (김치 찌개 – Kimchi Stew) for Two
- Prepare 2 cups of ripe kimchi.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of sliced pork shoulder (but you can use other protein).
- It’s half of an onion, sliced into roughly 1/4" thick pieces.
- It’s 1 of serrano, sliced.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, sliced.
- Prepare 5 of dried anchovies or shrimp (You can sub a teaspoon of fish sauce or omit this component altogether if you don't have either.).
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of water.
- Prepare of If you're going to eat this with steamed rice, best to get the rice started before you start on the jjigae.
Easy Kimchi Jjigae (김치 찌개 – Kimchi Stew) for Two step by step
- Put all ingredients in a small pot (if you don't have the little earthenware pot like I used, you can use a medium saucepan)..
- Turn the heat to medium high until it's actively boiling, uncovered, for a couple of minutes. At that point, give a few gentle stirs to evenly distribute all the ingredients..
- Turn the heat down to medium, put lid askew, and let it continue simmering for another 20 to 25 minutes, until the kimchi is soft and tender..
- Depending on how much salt is in your kimchi and how the salt concentrated during cooking, you might want to adjust the seasoning about 5 minutes before it's done, adding salt in pinches, or fish sauce in dashes, to taste. Or, if too salty, adding just a little bit of water to dilute..
- Enjoy with steamed rice. :).
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.