Spinach and Bacon Quiche.
You can cook Spinach and Bacon Quiche using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach and Bacon Quiche
- It’s 26 cm (10 inch) of springform or Quiche form.
- You need of Tart crust.
- Prepare 250 g of flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 125 g of cold butter, cut in little pieces.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Filling.
- You need 150 g of bacon, cut in small cubes.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 Tbsp of butter or oil.
- Prepare 2 bunches of fresh spinach (about 500 g).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 200 ml of heavy cream (can sub milk or mix too).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
Spinach and Bacon Quiche step by step
- Make the crust: mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and rub it into the flour until sandy..
- Add the egg (beaten) and gently knead together to form a ball. If crumbly, add one Tbsp cold water at a time until it brings the dough together. Chill for 30 minutes..
- Cut of 1/3 of the tart dough and set aside (you will use it for the sides of the Quiche).
- Using the remaining 2/3 of the dough, roll it out into a round piece to fit the bottom of your form. Lay it the bottom of the form and cut off the extra dough going up the sides of necessary..
- With the 1/3 piece of dough you set aside, roll it out into a long roll (like a snake) to long enough to wrap around the sides of the form. Wrap it around the sides, and press it up the sides of the form. Make sure you also press it into the bottom part of the crust so it won't leak. Crimp with a fork along the top of the sides..
- Chill for 15 minutes, preheat oven to 190C..
- Cover the quiche crust lightly with foil and pour in some pie weights or dry beans. Dry bake for 15 minutes then remove from oven..
- Make the filling: heat oil or butter in a large frying pan. Saute the onions with the bacon until onions are soft and bacon is cooked..
- Roughly chop the spinach and add to the frying pan. Saute until spinach is soft. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fill the pre-baked Quiche crust with the spinach mixture..
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and cream along with a dash of salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour into the quiche crust over top the spinach..
- Careful put into oven (still at 190C) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is set. Enjoy warm or chilled..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.