Vietnamese Noodle salad/bowl.
You can cook Vietnamese Noodle salad/bowl using 22 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Noodle salad/bowl
- It’s of Meat.
- It’s 1/4-1/3 pound of meat (pork here).
- Prepare 1 Tbl of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbl of soy sauce.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 Tbl of lime juice (lemon or vinegar sub.).
- It’s 2 tsp. of sugar.
- You need 1 Tbl of lemon grass.
- You need 2-4 tsp. of hot sauce (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of corn starch (optional).
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken broth (or water).
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 5 Tbl of fish sauce.
- You need 2 Tbl of vinegar (rice vinegar if you have it).
- You need 1-2 Tbl of lime or lemon juice.
- Prepare of fresh hot chili (optional).
- Prepare of Main.
- Prepare 4 ounces of dry noodles.
- Prepare 4 of spring rolls.
- It’s 3-5 of veggies your choice.
Vietnamese Noodle salad/bowl step by step
- Prep the protein.
- Pork is a normal meat for this, but chicken, beef, lamb works well. I am trying tofu next time..
- Cut your protein into bite size pieces of your choosing..
- Add lemon grass, this is what I use, since actual lemon grass is not easily available. If you can't find it, leave it out. It will still taste great..
- Add the rest of the meat ingredients, mix well. Cover and let set 30 minutes to an hour..
- Prep the sauce.
- If you are using a hot chili, thinly slice..
- Mix all sauce ingredients, set aside..
- Get the cooking steps done.
- If you have any that require blanching, do that now, cool immediately. Use water for noodles if using noodles..
- Prepare noodles per package directions, to el dente..
- Drain noodles, wash to cool down, mix a tiny bit of oil in to stop it from sticking, set aside.
- Now would be a good time to assemble your spring rolls, this is how I did it 😉.
- Cook pork in a skillet/wok/stir-fry.
- Set aside to cool.
- Cook spring rolls, set aside to cool, I used my air fryer for this.
- Julian cucumber, carrot and any other veggies that require it..
- Clean some lettuce (green leaf here, it seems to work the best, really) and place the leafy parts in your bowls..
- Cut your spring rolls, I found the least crumble way is to put the point of the knife in, then cut down. Finish the cut. You still crumble a little, but not as much as just slamming through it..
- Put your noodles or rice in the center of the lettuce. Place all the other things around, pretty easy..
- Pour the sauce in to your liking, mix it all up..
- Veggies; cucumber and carrots seem to always be in this. I used sugar snap peas here, asparagus, avacados, spinach (wilted) just some more options. Thin sliced red onion, green onion, many options to choose from..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.