Crunchy Chocolate Shortbread Cookies.
You can cook Crunchy Chocolate Shortbread Cookies using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crunchy Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- It’s 100 grams of ♢Cake flour.
- You need 15 grams of ♢Unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 50 grams of ♢ Almond powder.
- You need 1 of Egg yolk (large).
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
- Prepare 40 grams of Sugar.
- You need 70 grams of Unsalted margarine or unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 of Powdered sugar (for decorating, optional).
Crunchy Chocolate Shortbread Cookies step by step
- Sift together all the ♢ ingredients..
- Cream the butter, then add the sugar and mix..
- Once combined, add the egg yolk and salt and mix..
- Add the Step 1 dry ingredients to the butter mix all at once, and gently fold in with a rubber spatula. Do not knead or over-mix. Once the dough has come together like in the picture, form it into a single ball by pressing it together with your hands..
- Once formed into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and leave to rest in the fridge for about 1 hour. Set the oven to 180°C..
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a 3-5mm thickness. As this dough is quite soft, sandwiching it between two sheets of cling film makes the rolling process easier..
- Cut out cookies in whatever shapes you like..
- If the cookies are difficult to lift up, you can make things easier by sticking your finger underneath the plastic wrap, and lifting the cookie up with your finger..
- Wrap up the remaining dough in plastic wrap, and repeat Steps 6-8..
- Place the cookies in the preheated oven set to 180°C, and bake for 10-12 minutes..
- Once they have finished baking, cool the cookies on a cooling rack. These cookies are soft when they come out of the oven, so be careful when transferring them..
- Once the cookies have cooled, sprinkle with icing sugar, and they're done..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.