Thai Style Lettuce Wraps.
You can have Thai Style Lettuce Wraps using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Style Lettuce Wraps
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb. of ground chicken or ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely diced onion.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of small zucchini, sliced into coins, then quartered.
- You need 1 of small carrot, peeled and shredded.
- You need 1/4 cup of natural peanut butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of soy sauce, reduced sodium recommended.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of rice vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp. of water.
- You need 1 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp. of lime juice.
- You need 1 tsp. of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of sriracha.
- Prepare To taste of pepper, ground ginger, dried basil.
- You need of For lettuce wraps, good ones to use are :.
- It’s of ·Romaine Lettuce.
- Prepare of ·Boston Bibb Lettuce.
- It’s of ·Iceberg Lettuce.
- It’s of ·Butter Lettuce.
Thai Style Lettuce Wraps step by step
- To make the sauce, first microwave the peanut butter 10-15 seconds to make it runnier (only if needed), then place the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, brown sugar, lime juice, sesame oil and sriracha in a small bowl and whisk together until thoroughly combined. Set this aside..
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground chicken and cook, breaking it up as you go, until it is fully cooked through..
- Add the mushrooms, onions and garlic to the skillet. Cook for 3-5 more minutes, until the onions and mushrooms are softened. Stir in the zucchini and carrots and cook just 2 minutes more..
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and veggie mixture. Season to taste with pepper, ground ginger and dried basil. Remove from heat and serve over the prepared lettuce. I served mine over romaine lettuce and garnished them with some green onions, sesame seeds and some thinly sliced purple cabbage, but just use whatever toppings you'd like..
- Refrigerate any leftovers. This reheats nice and makes a great lunch, appetizer or serve with a grain for a light dinner..
- This is equally as tasty served over some brown rice or quinoa..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.