You can have Pork ramen using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork ramen
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2.2 lbs (1 kg) of rolled pork shoulder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 8 1/2 cups (2 litres) of chicken or vegetable stock.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- It’s 1 stick of celery.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of thumb-sized piece of ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of mirin.
- It’s 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Gochujang Paste.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 7 oz (200 g) of dried ramen noodles.
- Prepare 3 of packed cups (100g) baby spinach leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame seeds.
Pork ramen step by step
- Place a large casserole pan on the hob, add 1 tbsp of the oil and heat until very hot..
- Season the pork with the salt and pepper and place in the pan with the hot oil. Seal on all sides..
- Pour the stock over the pork..
- Add in the onion, the whole carrot, celery, garlic and ginger..
- Now add the mirin, soy sauce, gochujang and the red chilli. Bring to the boil, then place a lid on the pan and simmer for 4 hours NOTE: Check two or three times during cooking, and top up with a little boiling water if needed. You’ll need at least 1 litre of liquid left by the time the pork finishes cooking..
- Place the pork on a chopping board. Remove and discard the layer of fat. Shred the pork using two forks..
- Place a sieve over a large bowl and strain the cooking liquid. Throw the strained vegetables away and place the liquid back in the pan with the shredded pork. Leave on a low heat to keep warm..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.