Grilled Lemongrass Pork Banh Mi Sandwiches.
You can cook Grilled Lemongrass Pork Banh Mi Sandwiches using 28 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Lemongrass Pork Banh Mi Sandwiches
- Prepare of Marinade:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of minced lemongrass (sub 3 tbsp lemongrass paste).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of green onions minced.
- It’s 5 of shallots, peeled and minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic olive oil (sub 3 minced garlic cloves).
- You need 2 tbsp of roasted sesame oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of peanut oil/regular cooking oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- Prepare of Do Chua:.
- It’s 1 cup of rice vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of daikon cut into matchsticks.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of carrots cut into matchsticks.
- Prepare of Spread:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sriracha.
- You need of Other Ingredients:.
- You need 4 of Bakers of Paris mini baguettes.
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of boneless center-cut pork loin roast, sliced thin (1/8 to 1/4 inch) or sub pork butt.
- You need 1 of small cucumber.
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of lime.
- Prepare 2 of jalapenos.
Grilled Lemongrass Pork Banh Mi Sandwiches instructions
- At least 3 hours before cooking (preferably the night before), whisk together marinade ingredients in a shallow bowl. Add raw pork, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to marinade..
- At least 2 hours before cooking, boil water, rice vinegar, sugar and salt in a saucepan about a minute, stirring until sugar dissolves completely. Let pickling liquid cool while chopping daikon and carrots into matchsticks. Pour cooled pickling liquid over daikon and carrots in a bowl so they stay submerged, cover, then refrigerate for an hour..
- Make sriracha mayo by whisking together in a bowl (can be done whenever).
- Cut cucumber into small matchstick length slices, but a bit wider, similar to sliced pickles in a jar, set aside. Take leafy cilantro bits off of the stems and set aside in a pile. Slice lime in quarters. Slice jalapenos after de-seeding/removing the membrane..
- Cook pork on grill over high heat ensuring black marks, it won't take long, maybe 3-4 minutes per piece. Slice meat into small strips. Meanwhile cut bread open and scoop out a good portion of the middle – this can be set aside to dip in the sriracha mayo on the side ;).
- Toast bread while meat is cooking, ensuring it is toasted on the inside where it was cut (spread it open so the heat hits the white part) Spread sriracha mayo on bread liberally, then add meat into the hollowed out part of the bread..
- Drain Do Chua, add to sandwich on top of the meat, along with cucumbers on the sides of the meat against the bread. Sprinkle cilantro and jalapenos on top, squirt with lime and enjoy!.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.