Crunchy Caramel Apple Tart.
You can cook Crunchy Caramel Apple Tart using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crunchy Caramel Apple Tart
- It’s of Tart crust.
- It’s 100 grams of Butter.
- You need 30 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 170 grams of Plain flour.
- It’s 30 grams of Almond powder.
- You need of Crème d'amande (Tart Filling).
- It’s 50 grams of Butter.
- It’s 30 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 50 grams of Almond powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Rum (optional).
- It’s of Topping:.
- It’s 1 of Apple.
- Prepare 1 of Butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Water.
Crunchy Caramel Apple Tart instructions
- [Tart crust] This is my way of making tart crust, but you can feel free to use your preferred recipe. First, allow the butter to soften to room temperature..
- Add the sugar to the softened butter and mix until well blended. Then mix in the egg yolk. Add the milk and blend thoroughly..
- Sift the flour and add along with the almond powder, mixing with a rubber spatula. After the flour is integrated into the dough, gather it into a ball to rest in the refrigerator..
- Even if the crust becomes crumbly press it together with your hands. Wrap it in plastic wrap and let it chill for at least an hour..
- [Topping] While your crust is resting, sauté the apples. Melt butter in a frying pan and place thinly sliced apples in a single layer..
- Once the apples are cooked to transparency, allow them to brown slightly and then cool. Butter the tart pan..
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Roll the crust you prepared to about 5 millimetres and place in the pan. Pierce several times with a fork and bake for 15 minutes..
- [Almond cream] While the crust is baking, prepare the almond cream filling. Mix the softened butter and sugar until well blended..
- Add the eggs beaten in several batches, mixing well after each addition. Add the almond flour and pour into the baked tart shell..
- Arrange the cooled apple slices on top of the tart and bake at 170°C for 30 minutes. Remove the tart from the pan after it has cooled and let chill..
- In a small pan mix the sugar and water and heat over a medium flame. Once it comes to a simmer, shake the the pot occasionally and allow it to brown. Once it becomes a caramel colour, immediately take it off the heat..
- Pour this over your finished tart and you're finished! It'll add a crispy layer and make it even more delicious, but it's fine to omit if you're short on time or ingredients..
- I made a small tart with the leftover crust and topped it with a raw apple. The crunchy apple was also delicious..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.