Chokoes soup (Lodeh).
You can cook Chokoes soup (Lodeh) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chokoes soup (Lodeh)
- You need 3 of chokoes.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 5 of red chillies remove seeds.
- It’s 1 of big red onion.
- Prepare 5 of candle nuts (sub with macadamias) toasted.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 of lemongrass- tie into knot.
- Prepare 2 cm of galangal- thinly slice to release the fragrance.
- It’s 2 tin of coconut cream (400ml ea).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chicken stock.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 10 of Prawns (optional).
- It’s 12 of Quail eggs (optional).
- You need 1 pc of Tempe (optional) – I would definitely use it though.
- It’s 2 of carrots (optional) – thinly slice 3 cm long.
Chokoes soup (Lodeh) instructions
- Blend in food processor: chillies, garlic, onion, candlenuts. Put aside..
- Cut Tempe into rectangular shape. Lightly fry them and put aside..
- Quail eggs, hard boiled and peeled. Put aside..
- Sauté blended spice plus lemongrass, galangal, bay leaves until fragrant..
- Add prawns (if using) and cook..
- Add coconut cream, chicken stock, coconut cream. Add 1.5 L of water. Cook until bubbly..
- Put into the pot chokoes, carrots, quail eggs, tempe and cook until chokoes are soft..
- Season with salt. Serve on top of rice cake (lontong) with chicken curry, and prawn crackers….
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.