Healthy Zucchini Banana Muffins.
You can have Healthy Zucchini Banana Muffins using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy Zucchini Banana Muffins
- You need of Dry ingredients:.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat pastry flour (I used 1 cup wholegrain flour mixed with 1/2 cup plain flour).
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Wet ingredients:.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of mashed ripe banana (about 2 small to medium ripe bananas). – I used 1 big bananas and didn't really measure with the cup. Next time will measure properly.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil (or sub melted butter) – I used coconut oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey (or sub pure maple syrup).
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 of heaping cup shredded zucchini (from 1 medium zucchini, shredded and squeezed of excess moisture).
- You need 1/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk (or any milk) – I used fresh milk.
- Prepare of Fold ins:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, dairy free if desired.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts (or pecans) – I used sliced almond.
- It’s 1/3 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut.
Healthy Zucchini Banana Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin liners and spray the inside of the liners with nonstick cooking spray. This is critical to making sure the muffins don’t stick to the liners..
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt..
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the following with a wooden spoon: zucchini (make sure it’s been squeezed of excess moisture), mashed banana, olive oil, honey, egg, vanilla extract, shredded zucchini and almond milk..
- Gently sir in dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts and shredded coconut..
- Divide batter evenly between greased muffin liners. Bake for 22-27 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached..
- Allow muffins to cool in muffin tin for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Store muffins in airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Muffins can also be frozen for up to three months..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.