Simple Crunchy Pocky in a Bag.
You can cook Simple Crunchy Pocky in a Bag using 6 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Crunchy Pocky in a Bag
- Prepare 100 grams of Flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Margarine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of tablespons Milk.
- It’s 100 grams of Chocolate.
Simple Crunchy Pocky in a Bag step by step
- Prepare a sturdy plastic bag (resealable bags are best). Add the flour, sugar, and salt. Seal, then shake until the ingredients are thoroughly combined!.
- Add the margarine to Step 1, and knead the bag so that the margarine is rubbed into the flour. Keep kneading until there are no lumps of margarine remaining..
- Once the margarine has been fully rubbed in and the mixture is crumbly, add the milk. Knead again until the dough forms together into one lump..
- If the dough is flaky and won't come together no matter how much you knead it, add a bit more milk (up to 1 teaspoon). It's best if the dough is firm yet a little bit moist..
- Remove the dough from the bag, place on a very lightly floured surface (not listed) and gently knead with your hands until smooth..
- Dust your work space once more (again, flour not listed), place the dough, and then sprinkle a small amount of flour onto the dough..
- Using a rolling pin or the equivalent, roll the dough into a rectangle, about 2-3 mm thick..
- Cut off the uneven edges. Usually, I want my dough to be roughly 20 x 10 cm, so I crop it to fit these parameters..
- Cut the Step 8 dough lengthwise into 2-3 mm wide ribbons. They should resemble Pocky sticks!.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, and arrange Step 9 on a lined baking tray, leaving gaps in between. Try to keep the sticks as straight as possible!.
- 2 mm is pretty thin, meaning that the cut dough is prone to tearing and breaks easily right out of the oven. As such, handle carefully..
- Once the oven has finished preheating, bake at 170°C for 13-15 minutes. Once baked, open the oven door and leave to cool..
- I try to cut my sticks to 2 mm (though sometimes they end up being 3 mm lol), and they take 13 minutes to bake. Adjust the time if you cut them thicker..
- Once baked, they turn a golden brown as pictured!! They'll turn crunchy once cooled..
- While the sticks are cooling, boil water in a pot. Break the chocolate into a mug etc. and place the mug in the water to melt the chocolate like a double boiler..
- Using a spoon etc., coat the cooled biscuit sticks in chocolate. Be patient and do it properly so that they resemble Pocky..
- Once coated, lay on parchment paper and let the chocolate harden..
- Once completely cooled, they're done! They look really cute if you decorate them with white or other kinds of chocolate..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.