Crunchy French Toast.
You can have Crunchy French Toast using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crunchy French Toast
- Prepare 2 of pieces Butter roll.
- You need 100 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 3 of drops Vanilla oil (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need of For the caramel.
- It’s 1 of Granulated sugar.
Crunchy French Toast instructions
- Make the batter by mixing the egg and milk (and vanilla oil if you have it). Cut the butter rolls to half thickness and soak in the batter..
- Heat the butter and vegetable oil in a frying pan and start frying the bread. When the egg mixture solidifies but not yet browned, flip the bread over..
- Set the heat to medium and spoon a little less than 1 tablespoon of sugar onto an open space in the pan. Spread it out a bit and then place one slice of bread on it. Repeat for the other slice of bread..
- When the sugar melts and you can see translucent bubbles, the sugar has caramelized. Once caramelized, slide the bread to the side of the pan, being careful not to tear the caramelized sugar away from the bread..
- Check to make sure that the bread has browned, repeat the caramelization process with the other side of the bread..
- Try tapping the top with a spoon! The texture is so nice! Of course, you can add butter and maple syrup to your liking before eating!.
- If you want to reduce the sweetness, you can caramelize only one side or eat it like an adult with no maple syrup!.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.