Peach and cherry cobbler. How to make Peach Cherry Cobbler? Go to the market and buy more peaches and cherries than you can ever eat. Chop them up and throw into a pan or skillet, and mix with some sweeteners and starch.
I noticed the peaches and cherries weren't being eaten as quickly as normal. (The son was away from home) This inspired me to find a creative way to get rid of some! Once you try this cobbler, each year you will anxiously await peach and cherry season. Can't decide between peach cobbler or cherry cobbler? You can have Peach and cherry cobbler using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Peach and cherry cobbler
- It’s of Fruit filling.
- It’s 1 lb of cherries.
- It’s 2 lbs of peaches.
- It’s 12 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 pinch of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 2 sticks of butter.
- It’s 24 tbsp of turbinado or reg sugar.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of sliced almonds.
- You need 2 pieces of salt.
- It’s 2 cups of oats.
- Prepare of Serve with.
- It’s of Vanilla ice cream (recommended).
- It’s of Notes.
- You need of Turbinado sugar is recommend.
- Prepare Can of sub any stone fruit.
- Prepare of Used closer to 2 lbs if fruit I just wanted to make halfing easy.
Try this award winning peach cobbler recipe revised to add a cherry cobbler recipe! This cobbler uses summer's bounty to its fullest. Tossing the fruit with maple and cinnamon add a subtle sweetness. A sprinkling of crunch topped with homemade strudel "cookies" add a touch of exotic.
Peach and cherry cobbler step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°f.
- Pit the cherries put in a mixing bowl. Pit And peel peaches then cut into qurters. Add the sugar, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix till combine. Add to 12×13 baking dish. set aside.
- Melt butter over stove or in microwave..
- Add, oats, sugar, flour, almonds, and salt. Mix till combined. Add butter. Stir with a spoon so mixture absorbed the butter. Use hands to combine. (I found using hands was easier) add on top of the fruit. Bake for 40-60 min. (I think it was in the oven about 45 or 50 min) if you make this smaller it is 30-40. The original recipe was for apricots and I quadrupled it..
- Serve warm with 2 scoops vanilla ice cream and enjoy.
Place sliced peaches and cherries in a large bowl. And stone fruit / peach season is the best time of year for summer baking, so I make no apologies! This Peach and Cherry Skillet Cobbler has been my dinner party go-to for the past several weeks. It's easy to prep ahead and you can make it with peeled peaches or without. Scatter the peaches and cherries on top and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.