Red Velvet Huat Kueh.
You can cook Red Velvet Huat Kueh using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Huat Kueh
- It’s of Huat Kueh:.
- Prepare 1 of Egg,.
- It’s 75 g of Dark Muscovado Sugar,.
- Prepare 75 g of Caster Sugar,.
- Prepare 250 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of Sea Salt,.
- You need 2 TSP of Baking Powder,.
- You need 150 ml of Beetroot Juice,.
- It’s 100 g of Canola / Vegetable / Peanut Oil,.
- Prepare 1 TSP of Pure Vanilla Paste,.
- You need of Cream Cheese Fillings:.
- It’s 63 g of Cream Cheese Preferably Philadelphia Room Temperature,.
- It’s 75 ml of Whipping Cream,.
- You need 18 g of Granulated Sugar,.
- Prepare of Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon.
- It’s of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1/2 Lemon.
Red Velvet Huat Kueh instructions
- Prepare huat kueh. In a large mixing bowl, add in eggs and sugar. Using a hand mixer, whisk until well combined and the sugar has dissolved. In another bowl, add flour, salt and baking powder. Stir to combine well..
- Gradually pour in about 1/3 of the beetroot juice into the egg mixture while still mixing. Gradually sieve in about 1/3 of the flour mixture into the egg mixture while still mixing. Repeat the alternating process until everything is incorporated. Gradually pour in the oil while still mixing. Lastly, add in vanilla paste..
- Mix to combine well. Mix, mix, mix. The batter should be glossy and smooth. Prepare a steamer. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners..
- Making life easier, use a sorbet scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners. You should get 6 equal portions (I am a bit OCD, so I divides and measured out 6 equal portions). Steam until the kueh blossom and pass the skewer test. Skewer test is when you insert a skewer into the kueh, it comes out clean..
- Remove from steamer and set aside to cool slightly, about 30 mins. Prepare cream cheese fillings while steaming. In a large bowl, add cream cheese, sugar, cream, lemon juice and zest. Using a hand mixer, whisk everything together until well combine..
- The mixture should be light, fluffy and the sugar should dissolve. There shouldn't be any grainy touch of sugar to the mixture. Transfer into a piping bag and set aside chilled until ready to use..
- Assemble the huat kueh. Using a cupcake corer, remove the center core of the kueh, but leave the tip in tact. Pipe the cream cheese fillings into the core. Cover the core with the tip. Repeat the process for the remaining kueh. You can serve these at room temperature or chilled. I prefer mine chilled..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.