Slow Cooker Chicken Chili.
You can cook Slow Cooker Chicken Chili using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- It’s 1 of – Green pepper,chopped.
- Prepare 1 of – Medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Chili powder.
- Prepare 1 of – Medium Jalapeno pepper, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of lbs. Boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 (4 oz) of can of chopped green chillies, undrained.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper. optional; can sub w 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- You need 1 (14.5 oz) of can of fire roasted tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 1-2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can of black beans, rinsed and drained.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can of pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili instructions
- Add chopped pepper and onion to bottom of 5 to 6 quart slow cooker. Add chopped jalapeno too, if using..
- Combine chili powder,paprika,salt and Cheyenne (or pepper) in a small bowl and mix well..
- Season the chicken breasts with half the seasoning mixture. Then place on top of the peppers,onions and jalapeno in the slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, chilies and one cup of chicken broth to the slow cooker, then sprinkle with remaining seasoning..
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours..
- When the cook time is up transfer the chicken breasts from the slow cooker to a cutting board and add beans to the slow cooker. If the chili is to thick add the extra broth to get the right consistency..
- Slice the chicken into bite size pieces. (Or alternatively you can shred it) Return chicken to slow cooker and store to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Enjoy :).
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.