Meatball sub casserole.
You can cook Meatball sub casserole using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meatball sub casserole
- It’s 1 loaf of Italian bread.
- Prepare 1 lb of thawed fully cooked frozen meatballs.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 of 8oz block softened cream cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of 26oz jar of tomato pasta sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
Meatball sub casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- slice bread loaf into 1inch slices. I usually do 5-6 slices depending on width of loaf..
- If you want your casserole bread base firm, then lightly toast them directly on the preheated oven rack..(i prefer/recommend doing this).
- place bread into bottom of lightly greased casserole pan..
- mix seasonings, cream cheese, and mayonnaise together. Make sure to mix very well..
- spread mixture over bread evenly..
- sprinkle 1/2 of mozzarella over mixture..
- mix sauce, meatballs and water together.
- pour on top of casserole evenly.
- sprinkle rest of cheese on top.
- bake 30-35 minutes until bubbly and thoroughly heated..
- taken from "gooseberry farms 101 cozy casseroles".
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.