Crockpot Boston Baked Beans.
You can have Crockpot Boston Baked Beans using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Boston Baked Beans
- You need 450 grams of Dried Navy Beans.
- Prepare 2 of Onions, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Molasses.
- You need 1/3 cup of Ketchup.
- You need 1/2 pkg of Bacon, diced.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Dry Mustard.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water.
Crockpot Boston Baked Beans step by step
- Soak dried beans in plenty of water for at least 8 hours. Overnight is best..
- Drain and rinse the beans..
- Put all ingredients into the crock pot. Stir to blend..
- Cover and cook on low for 8-12 hours. Stir occasionally. The beans will turn soft and brown all the way through and the sauce will thicken up in the last hour or so..
- You can change up the flavours by adding or substituting ingredients in the sauce. For maple baked beans, use pure maple syrup instead of brown sugar. Or add garlic and Worchestershire sauce for a richer flavour. Add a can of drained pineapple chunks in the last hour for a fruity twist..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.