Mike's Green Chile Pinwheels.
You can cook Mike's Green Chile Pinwheels using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Green Chile Pinwheels
- It’s of Pinwheel Mixture.
- You need 1 packages of 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese [warmed or room temp].
- You need 1/2 cup of Hot Or Mild Roasted Green Chilies [chopped-fully drained].
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Mexican 3 Cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Sliced Black Olives [fully drained].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Green Onions [fine chop].
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Cilantro [fine chop].
- You need 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s of Additions & Options.
- It’s 1 of Extra Large Flour Tortillas.
- You need 1 of Saran Wrap.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Green Chilie Powder [optional-added to mixture].
- It’s 1 of Sharp Knife Or Dental Floss.
- You need 1 of Cheese Cloth Or Quality Paper Towels [for draining].
Mike's Green Chile Pinwheels instructions
- Warm Philadelphia Cream Cheese just enough to blend it with ease..
- Chop your fresh vegetables and gather your other items needed..
- Completely drain your roasted green chilies and black olives. Squeeze green chilies in cheese cloth or thick, quality paper towels to ensure there are no fluids remaining..
- Mix everything in the Pinwheel Mixture section well..
- Gather your large flour tortillas and place each on a sheet of cling wrap..
- Smear your cream cheese mixture on your tortillas [as thick or as thin as you'd like] leaving bare areas at the sides as pictured below. If you spread your mixture thinner – you should get 4 large tortillas filled. And at 1" cuts, you should get about 30 Green Chilie Pinwheels..
- Roll your filled tortilla up snugly and wrap in cling wrap tightly. Try to mold your tortilla into a round shape but try not to squeeze your mixture out of any end. You'll be trimming those ends off anyway..
- Place rolls in the fridge for 2.5 hours minimum. Longer if possible..
- Once fully chilled, trim the ends off and discard. Roll once more for roundness or, square-ness if you'd like. Using a sharp knife or even dental floss, cut your wheels into 1" thicknesses. Enjoy!.
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.