Spicy Steak & Cheese Sub Sandwiches.
You can cook Spicy Steak & Cheese Sub Sandwiches using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Steak & Cheese Sub Sandwiches
- Prepare 1 of lb. shaved steak.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of fresh cracked black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of A1 Steak sauce, or any steak sauce, your preference.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 medium of green bell pepper, jullianed.
- It’s 1 medium of onion, jullianed.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno, jullianed, seeded or unseeded, your choice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 4 of Italian Steak Rolls or Hoagie Buns.
- Prepare 4 slice of pepper jack cheese.
Spicy Steak & Cheese Sub Sandwiches step by step
- In bowl combine steak, A1, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes. I like to leave it for several hours..
- Saute green pepper, onion and jalapeno in butter until tender. My husband likes it charred a bit so I leave it longer than I normally would..
- In another skillet saute steak in vegetable oil until browned. If any grease, drain..
- Preheat oven to Broil, low..
- Slice bread (if not already sliced) lengthwise, but not all the way thru. You want a pocket to stuff with steak, peppers and cheese..
- Place bread on baking sheet and divide equally between the four buns, the steak, and peppers/onions..
- Layer with bun with steak, then peppers and onions, then top with a piece of cheese. I like to tear the cheese in half, and place it longways on the bun to cover all the steak, & pepper mixture..
- Broil until cheese is melted, bubbly and starting to brown..
- Serve immediately!.
- Tips- Any cut of steak will do. I partially freeze mine, then cut it in extremely thin slices. You can also get your butcher to shave it for you. My favorite steak to use for this is ribeye . To make it spicer add additional red pepper flakes or an additional jalapeno. If you want it spicy leave the seeds in the jalapeno, if you want to tame the spicy just a bit remove the seeds and cut back on the red pepper flakes..
I am the 1st Winner of Cooking with Chef TV Show. I love cooking.